The Disappearing Dummies DVD trains lifeguards on detecting victims on the bottom of a pool. Dr. Tim Griffiths uses scientific evidence from beyond lifeguard trainings to explain why it is so difficult to detect submerged victims and how to better spot them.
- In the Disappearing Dummies DVD aquatic safety expert Dr. Tom Griffiths explains how and why lifeguards have such great difficulty detecting bodies on the bottom of "crystal clear" swimming pools.
- Hundreds of hours of filming in a variety of indoor and outdoor pools were condensed into a new 10-minute lifeguard training video that clearly illustrates and emphasizes how, under even the best of water conditions, manikins quickly disappear from sight as soon as the surface becomes disturbed by wind, waves or other swimmers.
- This video clearly and effectively illustrates the phenomenon of Visual Body Blindness and exemplifies how difficult it is for lifeguards to detect victims once they submerge beneath the surface of the water.
- This training video explains how reflective edges of the surface increase reflection and refraction, causing visual distortion and actual body blindness. New scientific evidence not found in the lifeguard training texts is offered on the video.
- Based on this new evidence uncovering hidden bodies below the surface, the video also introduces and prioritizes bottom sweeps while scanning. This new video is a MUST SEE for all those in water safety including lifeguards, managers, supervisors and even parents. Perfect for in-service training!
- Run time 10 minutes
|Product Type||Educational Material|
There are no Reviews yet. Be the first to write one.